Adams Stirling PLC


QUESTION: We are a horse community zoned for horses & limited animals. The new board is allowing a conditional use permit for farm animals in our community (pigs & cows). The new board refuses to enforce our CC&Rs. What can we do?

ANSWER: Owners have two remedies available to them. The first is political--by rallying the membership to pressure the board to enforce the CC&Rs or replacing the board if it refuses. The second is legal--going to court for an order (injunctive relief). The political route is a less expensive than going to court but a lot more work. The legal route involves less work but it's expensive and the outcome is not assured--you may get a judge who loves pigs.

ASSISTANCE: Associations needing legal assistance can contact us. To stay current with issues affecting community associations, subscribe to the Davis-Stirling Newsletter.

Adams Stirling PLC