Adams Stirling PLC


QUESTION.  With the new election requirements and potential for unintentional violations, what kind of insurance should inspectors of election have?

ANSWERI contacted several insurance brokers who specialize in community association insurance and they generally agree that most (but not all) D&O policies cover volunteers appointed to committees. Inspectors of election should be characterized as being appointed to an "election committee."

You need to verify with your association's insurance broker to make sure your policy covers volunteers. If the association's management company oversees the election, it would be covered by association's insurance if there is an endorsement to that effect. Third-party companies hired to oversee the election are probably not covered by the association's insurance. Such companies would need to carry their own errors and omissions insurance.

ASSISTANCE: Associations needing legal assistance can contact us. To stay current with issues affecting community associations, subscribe to the Davis-Stirling Newsletter.

Adams Stirling PLC