Adams Stirling PLC


Because insuring community associations has become such a specialized area, boards need to find an insurance agent who is both knowledgeable and experienced with this area of the industry. When interviewing insurance agents, boards should ask the following questions:

  • How long has the agent worked with community associations?

  • How many associations does he/she handle?

  • What percentage of your clients are community associations?

  • How many of the associations are like yours (condominiums, PUDs, senior communities, etc.)

  • Can they provide references?

  • Do they review governing documents before recommending coverage?

  • Do they know the FHA requirements for associations? What are they?

  • Have they written articles on insurance coverage for associations?

  • Are they a member of the Community Associations Institute (CAI)?

  • Do they have a CIRMS designation (Community Insurance and Risk Management Specialist)?

ASSISTANCE: Associations needing legal assistance can contact us. To stay current with issues affecting community associations, subscribe to the Davis-Stirling Newsletter.

Adams Stirling PLC