Adams Stirling PLC


QUESTION: We are a 6-unit unincorporated condo association. Do we have to file a tax return? We have never done so and were now wondering if we are out of compliance.

ANSWER: Both incorporated and unincorporated associations are required to file tax returns. An unincorporated association is treated the same as a corporation for tax purposes. An unincorporated association is not subject to the $800 minimum corporate tax. However, incorporated associations can have the franchise tax waived.

ASSISTANCE: Associations needing legal assistance can contact us. To stay current with issues affecting community associations, subscribe to the Davis-Stirling Newsletter.

Adams Stirling PLC