SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
Nancy I. Sidoruk, Esq.
ADAMS | STIRLING PLC
Commitment to Education. As part of our commitment to advancing community associations through education, ADAMS | STIRLING conducts seminars, in-house manager training programs, webinars, and new board orientations.
Reduce Liability. Managing an association is not easy. Boards and managers face decisions almost daily that create potential liability. The best way to avoid that pitfall is through education. This means knowing your fiduciary duties and understanding the law and your governing documents.
Topics. Since education is the key to reducing an association’s litigation risk, we offer a number of seminars and training programs. Those marked with * are approved for continuing education (CE) credit for managers. Following is a sampling of programs you can request:
- Amending CC&Rs: When and How
- Architectural Disasters: How to Avoid Them
- Assessment Collection: A Common-Sense Approach
- Avoiding Litigation*
- Board Training (a manual on legal duties and how best to reduce litigation is included with the training)
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Commercial CID Act: Permitted Uses, Key Issues*
- Dispute Resolution Horror Stories
- Elections, Election Rules and Director Qualifications
- Email and Social Media Dilemma
- Embezzlement from HOAs: It's More Common than You Think!
- FHA: Everything You Wanted to Know and Some You Didn't
- Harassment of Members, Board Members, and Employees<
- Ignoring Your Reserve Study*
- Knock, knock...Who's There? Right of Entry*
- Legislative Updates
- Liars, Lawyers and Ladies of the Night (Rules Enforcement)
- Maintenance Band-Aid Disasters: Coulda Would Shoulda
- Managing Capital Improvement Projects
- Open Meeting Act and Executive Sessions
- Real Estate Agent Training (how to avoid getting sued when selling condominiums)
- Realtors & Escrows: How Associations Can Avoid Getting Burned
- Risky Business: The Top 10 Reasons Associations Get Sued
- Rules Enforcement: How not to Get Sued
- Secondhand Smoke and Other Nuisances
- Security Issues and Neighborhood Watch
- Sexual Harassment: New Law that Affect Associations
- Strategies for Dealing with Aging Members and Disabled Warehousing
- Water Intrusion & Insurance: Leak & Damage Responsibilities*
- What's Cool in the Pool and What's Not (Laws, Rules & Avoiding Liability)
*Approved for CE credit for managers
Scheduling. Our library of topics is extensive and growing. CONTACT US for more information or to schedule a seminar or customized training program.