SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
Commitment to Education. As part of our commitment to advancing community associations through education, ADAMS | STIRLING conducts seminars, in-house manager training programs, webinars, and new board orientations.
Reduce Liability. Managing an association is not easy. Boards and managers face decisions almost daily that create potential liability, and the best way to avoid that pitfall is through education. This means knowing your fiduciary duties and understanding the law and your governing documents.
Topics. Since education is the key to reducing an association’s litigation risk, we offer a number of seminars and training programs. Following is a sampling of programs you can request:
- Board Training (a manual on legal duties and how best to reduce litigation included)
- Risky Business: The Top 10 Reasons Associations Get Sued
- Strategies for Dealing with Aging Members and Disabled Warehousing
- Embezzlement from HOAs: It's More Common than You Think!
- HOA Email and Social Media Dilemma
- Managing Capital Improvement Projects
- FHA: Everything You Wanted to Know and Some You Didn't
- Reserve Funding when Money Is Tight
- Nothing Lasts Forever: Reserving for the Inevitable
- Dispute Resolution Horror Stories
- Amending CC&Rs: When and How
- Realtors & Escrows: How Associations Can Avoid Getting Burned
- Architectural Disasters: How to Avoid Them
- Open Meeting Act and Executive Sessions
- Assessment Collection: A Common-Sense Approach
- Coulda Woulda Shoulda: Maintenance Band-Aid Disasters
- Secondhand Smoke and Other Nuisances
- Rules Enforcement: How not to Get Sued
- What's Cool in the Pool and What's not: Laws, Rules & Avoiding Liability
- Liars, Lawyers and Lunacy: Rules Enforcement
- Security Issues in Light of the Trayvon Martin Decision
- Elections and Election Rules
- Legislative Updates
Scheduling. Our library of topics is extensive and growing. Contact Us for more information or to schedule a seminar or customized training program.