With the exception of satellite dishes, associations may restrict other kinds of antennas. The FCC rule (47 CFR 1.4000) that protects digital satellite dish does not protect the following categories of antennas/dishes:
- Antennas longer than one meter or dishes greater than one meter in diameter;
- Television antennas (stick style) used to receive a distant signal;
- AM/FM radio antennas;
- Amateur ("ham") radio antennas;
- CB radio antennas;
- Digital Audio Radio Services (DARS) antennas (Sirius and XM);
- Relay or transmit-only antennas/dishes.