Adams Stirling PLC


Business License. Management companies must have a business license to conduct business. The license is issued in the city or county in which their principal office is located.

Real Estate License. There are no requirements that managers and management companies be licensed Realtors to manage common interest developments.

Certification. There are no manager licensing requirements for community association managers. Instead, designations and certifications are offered by CACM and CAI which managers can earn. In addition, they must make a number of disclosures about their certification.

Recommendation: Associations should ask if (i) the management company is certified as a community manager, (ii) the property supervisors are certified, and (iii) the company is insured. 

ASSISTANCE: Associations needing legal assistance can contact us. To stay current with issues affecting community associations, subscribe to the Davis-Stirling Newsletter.

Adams Stirling PLC