Adams Stirling PLC


Party walls are also known as demising walls or partition walls because they separate one condominium or townhouse unit from another. Normally, they are constructed as a double wall with each wall insulated for sound.

  • Condominiums. In condominiums, party walls are part of the common areas. As such, they are normally maintained by the association unless the governing documents state otherwise.

  • Planned Developments. In planned development townhouse construction, the structure surrounding each unit is owned by the homeowner, including to the center of any party walls. Accordingly, homeowners are responsible for repairing and maintaining their party walls unless the governing document state otherwise. In planned developments, party walls are sometimes more broadly defined to include fences separating adjoining lots.

ASSISTANCE: Associations needing legal assistance can contact us. To stay current with issues affecting community associations, subscribe to the Davis-Stirling Newsletter.

Adams Stirling PLC